
Sudan’s Founding Alliance said on Monday it received a response from international mediators addressing its concerns.
The alliance, also known as Tasis, had earlier suspended dialogue with the Five-Party Mechanism over the structure of the process.
It had demanded a review of how the political process was managed and how participants were chosen.
The Five-Party Mechanism acknowledged those concerns were valid, according to a statement from the alliance.
Mediators agreed to conduct a comprehensive, objective review of arrangements for the process’s initial phase.
The goal is a more credible framework with clear objectives and agreed participation criteria, the statement said.
Mediators also proposed defining a clearer sequence of steps and roles for Sudanese parties and international facilitators.
They stressed the importance of meeting the alliance soon, at a time of its choosing.
Such a meeting would address shortcomings in the process’s preparation, the statement said.
It would also aim to build consensus toward a credible path to peace.
The Founding Alliance said it does not object to meeting the Five-Party Mechanism.
It insisted, however, that any credible peace process requires its active participation.
Spokesperson Ahmed Tagad drew a sharp contrast with a rival dialogue effort in Port Sudan.
He accused Sudanese Armed Forces (SAF) leadership and allied Islamist figures of orchestrating that process to block change.
Tagad said the rival initiative aims to preserve the existing state structure.
He accused its organizers of trying to legitimize the current authorities and derail international mediation.
The competing claims reflect Sudan’s deep political fractures amid its ongoing war.




