RSF disputes activist, media reports on civilian deaths in Wad al Noura

Sudan’s Rapid Support Forces on Wednesday disputed Western media reports that up to 100 civilians had been killed by its forces in Wad al-Noura in al-Jazira state.

“Up to 100 people were killed,” said the Madani Resistance Committee on Wednesday, one of hundreds of similar resistance groups across Sudan, adding that they were “waiting for a confirmed toll of the dead and injured.”

However, RSF denied these allegations, saying al-Burhan forces and allied jihadi brigades mobilized large forces in three enemy camps in the Wad al Noura area of Al-Jazeera State and had been preparing to attack RSF troops at Jabal Al-Awliya.

“At exactly five o’clock in the morning on Wednesday, our forces attacked three camps west, south and north of the “Wad Al-Noura” area, which included forces from the Burhan militia, the intelligence service, and a battalion of the Islamist brigades known as (Zubair bin Al-Awwam),” RSF added.

RSF said during the clashes it had seized 4 military vehicles, 70 AK-47 rifles, and artillery pieces.

Sudan has been mired by fighting between the army, led by Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, who is the head of the ruling Sovereign Council, and the RSF.

At least 13,900 people have been killed and more than eight million displaced in the conflict that started in April 2023, according to UN figures.

Several cease-fire agreements brokered by Saudi Arabia and US mediators have failed to end the violence.

Scroll to Top