
The TASIS-led Government of Peace has accused Sudanese Armed Forces-linked units and allied Islamist militias of destroying a key bridge in Blue Nile State, saying the attack disrupted civilian movement, trade and access to essential supplies.
In a statement issued on August 16, Information Minister and government spokesperson Khalid Ahmed Danaa said the Bakuri Bridge in Qaysan locality, in the New Fung region, had been deliberately destroyed by forces aligned with the SAF and the Islamic Movement.
The bridge connects the Bakuri area with Qaysan and Amura localities and is used by thousands of residents for daily travel, commerce and humanitarian access, according to the statement.
Danaa said the destruction had affected residents’ ability to reach medical services and obtain food and other basic supplies, accusing SAF-aligned forces of seeking to isolate local communities and restrict movement.
The Government of Peace described the incident as part of what it called a broader campaign targeting civilian infrastructure in areas affected by the conflict.
It said forces aligned with SAF had also destroyed a bridge connecting Kurmuk in Sudan with Kurmuk in Ethiopia less than a month earlier, disrupting cross-border movement and trade.
The statement accused SAF and allied Islamist formations of repeatedly targeting bridges, markets and other civilian facilities, arguing that such actions could amount to violations of international humanitarian law.
“The protection of civilians and their facilities is a strict legal and moral obligation,” Danaa said, adding that the Government of Peace would seek accountability for attacks on civilian infrastructure.
The Sudanese army had not immediately issued a response to the allegations contained in the TASIS government statement.
The reported destruction comes amid continuing fighting in Blue Nile, where TASIS-aligned forces have recently expanded their presence around Qaysan and Kurmuk.




